How to send more information to Nexthink Support?
Please execute the file info_support.sh you'll find attached to this article as explained below and send us the output file.
- Download info_support.sh and upload it on the Nexthink Appliance to /home/nexthink
- Connect to the Appliance using the command-line interface (CLI)
- Modify the permission on the file using the following command:
sudo chmod +x info_support.sh
- Run the script using the following command:
We have also recently added the possibility to parse some parameters and options depending on the issue faced by customers:
- If issue is related to alarms, email digests or system alarms not being sent, use -m parameter.
- If issue is related to Windows authentication of users in Portal or Finder, use -s parameter.
- If issue is related to time misalignments, use the -n parameter.
sudo ./info_support.sh [options [parameters]]
-h Show this usage information
-n Enable special NTP logs for troubleshooting
-m <firstname.lastname@example.org> Enable special SMTP logs for troubleshooting
-s Enable special SSO logs for troubleshooting
-r Remove any previous output in the current path
-v Show script version
-s or -m options are only intended for Portal Appliances.
Always check you are using latest version of the script (-v).
When no options are added, Script is run normally.
- Attach the following output file to your existing support ticket or create a new one: info_nxt_support.tgz
This script will export hardware configuration such as CPU and RAM information as well as configuration and log files from the Appliances hosting either the Engine or the Portal. This output will help us getting a better and clearer picture of the current situation and overall health of the environment. Depending on the issue we might need to retrieve sensitive information from your environment, such as SMTP server IP, email for testing purposes, AD server information and other logs, however this is used internally only for debugging purposes in order to solve your issue and is deleted once it has been solved. We also remove all usernames and passwords during script execution.
It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that these files do not contain Personal Data as Nexthink does not require Personal Data to provide its Support services. Customers are requested to anonymize all files before sending them to Nexthink.
You can grab the support script file attached to this article with wget from any environment connected to the internet.
Current version: 19.02.rev001
- Nexthink 6.x