This version of the Collector has been deprecated. It has been replaced in the Product Downloads by version 5.2.8.
Potential software incompatibility with Collector V18.104.22.168
We have discovered a software incompatibility between our V22.214.171.124 Collector and some software performing invalid web requests.
Even though these cases are extremely unlikely, in order to minimize the potential customer impact of this issue we have decided to remove Nexthink V126.96.36.199 Collector from downloads. A new release is already available.
I have already installed V188.8.131.52, what should I do?
Even if you are not facing any issues, we still highly recommend upgrading to V184.108.40.206.
Supported operating systems
- Windows 2003 Server (for Citrix / Terminal Services server) - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 2008 Server (for Citrix / Terminal Services server) - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows XP - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows Vista - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 7 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 8 and 8.1 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 (XenApp / Remote Desktop Services) - 64 bits
- UDP communication must be allowed between the targeted device and the Engine.
- To install the Updater or the Collector using their MSI, the Windows installer (msiexec) version 3.0 or higher is required.
Nexthink dependency matrix
The latest Engine is always compatible with the latest Collector and all the previous versions of the Collector. If you want to upgrade to the latest release of the Collector, we encourage you to upgrade the Engine first.
|Nexthink Engine v5.2||Nexthink Engine v5.1||Nexthink Engine v5.0||Nexthink Engine V4.4|
|Nexthink Collector v5.2||OK||NOK||NOK||NOK|
|Nexthink Collector v5.0||OK||OK||OK||NOK|
|Nexthink Collector v4.3||OK||OK||OK||OK|
- Complete rework on printer and print job detection:
- New classification of printers.
- Support for redirected printers in virtual environments
- Better print job accuracy and status.
- Report full URL paths for selected HTTP web domains:
- [Support- 4637] [CLT-1383] - Logon time not reported for users with a roaming profile if "Audit Logon" was set to Success in "Advanced Audit Policy Configuration". Please, note as well that the MSI of the Collector no longer changes the Audit Policy settings in the local computer. Therefore, the parameter DRV_ROAMING_PROFILE_FIX has been suppressed.
- All the following issues related to printers or print jobs accuracy have been solved thanks to the full rework on printing support:
[Support-1743], [Support-852], [Support-1255], [Support-572], [Support-1585], [Support-1660], [Support-3309], [Support-2856], [Support-3354]
- [CLT-1432] - Print to file reported as if printer actually printed on paper.
- [CLT-1489] - Collector trying to resubscribe to idle printers every 2 hours instead of 1 on Windows XP.
- [CLT-1423] - Incorrect Print job values reported when merging duplicate jobs.
- [CLT-1379] - Print jobs of remote users not recorded by the Collector.
- [CLT-844] - Improved Validation checks for the control panel.
- [CLT-1365] - False installation and uninstallation of patches seen in the Finder.
- [CLT-1288] - Web response "100-Continue" incorrectly handled.
- [CLT-1296] - Performance improvement in nxtsvc for web monitoring.
- [CLT-1322] - Improved logging in Collector and Updater.
- [CLT-1502] - Issue when using the Nexthink Collector Installer for many Engines.
- [CLT-1198],[CLT-1187],[CLT-1416],[CLT-1411] - Accuracy issues related to web monitoring.