Supported operating systems
- Windows 2003 Server (for Citrix / Terminal Services server) - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 2008 Server (for Citrix / Terminal Services server) - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows XP - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows Vista - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 7 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 8 and 8.1 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 (XenApp / Remote Desktop Services) - 64 bits
- UDP communication must be allowed between the targeted device and the Engine.
- To install the Updater or the Collector using their MSI, the Windows installer (msiexec) version 3.0 or higher is required.
Nexthink dependency matrix
The latest Engine is always compatible with the latest Collector and all the previous versions of the Collector. If you want to upgrade to the latest release of the Collector, we encourage you to upgrade the Engine first.
|Nexthink Engine v5.2||Nexthink Engine v5.1||Nexthink Engine v5.0||Nexthink Engine V4.4|
|Nexthink Collector v5.2||OK||NOK||NOK||NOK|
|Nexthink Collector v5.0||OK||OK||OK||NOK|
|Nexthink Collector v4.3||OK||OK||OK||OK|
- [Support-7543][CLT-1587] - Allow underscore character as part of the host name of the Engine in the Collector Installer.
- [Support-7222][CLT-1567] - New installation options to enable or disable SMB print notifications. Note that SMB print notifications are not reported by default in this version of the Collector.
Option name Default value Description MSI DRV_DSPS 1 1 - Disable SMB print monitoring
0 - Enable SMB print monitoring
Nexthink Collector Installer Disable SMB Printers monitoring Check box ticked If the check box is ticked, SMB print monitoring is disabled. Nexthink configuration tool dsps Run nxtcfg.exe /s dsps=1 on all end-user devices to disable SMB print monitoring.
- [CLT-1596] - Collector failed to upgrade from v220.127.116.11 to 5.x.
- [CLT-1636] - Disable SMB print notification as a default option.