Supported operating systems
- Windows 7 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 8 and 8.1 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 10 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows Server 2008 R2 - 64 bits
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 - 64 bits
Note that Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 are no longer supported.
- UDP communication must be allowed between the targeted device and the Engine.
- To install the Updater or the Collector using their MSI, the Windows installer (msiexec) version 3.0 or higher is required.
Nexthink dependency matrix
The latest Engine is always compatible with the latest version of Collector and with all its previous versions. If you want to upgrade to the latest release of the Collector, we encourage you to upgrade your Engines first.
|Nexthink Engine v6.0||Nexthink Engine v5.3||Nexthink Engine v5.2|
|Nexthink Collector v6.0||OK||Not OK||Not OK|
|Nexthink Collector v5.3||OK||OK||Not OK|
|Nexthink Collector v5.2||OK||OK||OK|
Version 188.8.131.52 (with Updater)
- The new dowloadable package for the Collector V184.108.40.206 includes the Updater V220.127.116.11.
- The Updater can be used to migrate the Collector from V5 to V6. Check the option Uninstall Collector V3/V4/V5 to remove previous versions of the Collector before installing the Updater V6.
- [CLT-1922] - Fix for using the Updater as a tool to migrate from V5 to V6.
- [CLT-1924] - Updater V6 not allowed to run on Windows Vista or Windows XP.
- [Support - 10783][CLT-1940] - Web monitoring feature blocks some web connections when the Collector is combined with some antiviruses.
- [CLT-1674] - Connections to SMB share reported as failed with no host in Windows 8.1.
- Windows Server support.
- Windows 10 support.
- Rebootless installation, uninstallation, and update of Collector V6 (not included migration from V5). For a complete migration from V5 to V6, a reboot is needed. If you do not want your devices to automatically reboot when migrating from V5 to V6, set the MSI option REBOOT=ReallySuppress.
- Removed MSI option DRV_FORCE_LOADING. The Collector V6 is automatically loaded into memory after installation.
- Removed the options Restart Windows after installation and Restart Windows after uninstallation from the Collector Installer.
- Reduced default packet size to avoid fragmentation in VLAN (DRV_MSS default value set to 1464).
- [CLT-1803] - Installing the Collector from a shared drive.
- [CLT-1805] - Download of files from SMB share when upgrading.
- [CLT-1795] - Collector service stopped when upgrading from V5 to V6.
- [CLT-1783] - Enhanced error messages to support installation on Windows 10.
- [CLT-1794] - Control panel extension displaying two different versions of the Collector.
- [CLT-1656] - Invalid handle operations with Collector service.
- [CLT-1639] - Enhanced WFP driver callout for Win7.
- [CLT-1768] - Error in System Event log when installing.
- [CLT-1618] - Enhanced removal of registry of PNP_TDI group from MSI custom actions.
- [CLT-1634, CLT-1751] - Enhanced autostart and stop / start options in the Control panel extension.
- [CLT-1619] - Unified registry class from MSI custom actions with registry class from nxtshared library.
- [CLT-1616] - Changed MSI Wix rules to allow installation of WFP callout by default.
- [CLT-1620] - Removed support for Windows XP/Vista and 2003/2008 server.
- [CLT-1822, CLT-1831] - User interaction issue when upgrading the Collector.
- [CLT-1820] - Report all applications running after upgrading.
- [CLT-1832, CLT-1869] - Application visible/focus/hang on Windows 10.
- [CLT-1828] - Print monitoring issue when upgrading the Collector.
- [CLT-1865] - Collector service unresponsive under load.
- [CLT-1880] - Memory leak on driver related to printing functionality.
- [CLT-1895] - Added manifest to all collector modules for Windows 10 compatibility.
- [CLT-1906] - Enhanced Reporter to capture information about WFP callouts.
Windows 10 support
- [CLT-1897, CLT-1896, CLT-1862] - Performance issues on Windows 10.
- [CLT-1905] - User logon duration of users with specific roaming profiles.
- [CLT-1887] - UAC not reported correctly.
- [CLT-1884] - Report only successful Windows updates.
- [CLT-1894, CLT-1892] - Modified signing procedure for Windows 10 drivers.
Windows Server Support
- [CLT-1847, CLT-1837, CLT-1852] - Fixed issues with the help of stress tests and accuracy tests.
- [CLT-1904, CLT-1901] - Fixed MSI Messages to add support for Windows Server 2012.
When combined with Eset or TrendMicro antiviruses, the web monitoring feature of Collector 18.104.22.168 blocks some web traffic. No issue has been found with other antiviruses. Please, install Collector 22.214.171.124 or higher.