Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 7 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 8 and 8.1 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 10 - 32 and 64 bits
Nexthink Dependency Matrix
Starting from Nexthink V6, the Finder connects to the Portal upon sign-in. The Finder version is then validated by the Portal, which also provides the Finder with the list of available instances of Engines to connect to.
|Portal 6.0 | Engine 6.0||Engine 5.3||Engine 5.2|
|Finder 6.0||OK||Not OK||Not OK|
|Finder 5.3||Not OK||OK||Not OK|
|Finder 5.2||Not OK||Not OK||OK|
Investigations, one-clicks, and alerts can be exported from the Finder to be used in the Portal. Starting from V6, the Portal checks the compatibility of the connected components.
- [Support - 2231] [FND-2761] - Web API investigations do not support between modifiers in their time frame. The between modifier is ignored when executing a Web API investigation.
- Unsupported AD Login through digest proxy.
- [FND-4539] - Package status conditions are not supported in the metrics editor.
New communications stack
- Log in through the Portal and keep a permanent connection to it.
- Ability to switch among Engines connected to the Portal.
- Automatic reconnection upon connection loss.
- Categories, services, and metrics are created in the Finder and stored in the Portal.
- New view centered on the activities and properties of a user.
- Mobile synchronization events are visible in the user view timelines.
- Revisited contextual actions in device and user views.
- Editor of custom metrics (of types count, activity, and top) for displaying in the Portal.
- New service configuration including specification of thresholds.
- Threshold violations of services displayed in the start page and in the service view.
- Dependency management of categories and services, including impact analysis and remediation of deletion and renaming of categories, keywords and services.
- Import of content packs (including Portal modules) with extended conflict resolution.
- Launching the user view is supported by the nxt protocol.
- New authentication options.
- V4 security fields are definitively removed.
- New device types: server and mobile.
- New field Number of logical processors.
- The field OS version is deprecated in favor of OS version and architecture.
- The Entity is now a field (was previously a category).
- [Support - 10300] - Storage of sessions.
- Unability to get High IO throughput time and High page faults time with conditions on Activities or Events.
- The field last system update is now the last successful system update (while previously any attempt of system update was counted in, whether successful or failed).
- Memory leaks corrections, general bug fixes and improvements.