Supported operating systems
- Windows 7 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 8 and 8.1 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 10 - 32 and 64 bits
- Windows Server 2008 R2 - 64 bits
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 - 64 bits
Note that Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 are no longer supported.
- UDP communication must be allowed between the targeted device and the Engine.
- To install the Updater or the Collector using their MSI, the Windows installer (msiexec) version 3.0 or higher is required.
Nexthink dependency matrix
The latest Engine is always compatible with the latest version of Collector and with all its previous versions. If you want to upgrade to the latest release of the Collector, we encourage you to upgrade your Engines first.
|Nexthink Engine v6.2 and higher||Nexthink Engine v6.1
||Nexthink Engine v6.0||Nexthink Engine v5.3|
|Nexthink Collector V6.1||
OK - with DirectAccess support
OK - without DirectAccess support
OK - without DirectAccess support
OK - with DirectAccess support in Engine 5.3.6, 5.3.7, and 5.3.8 only.
|Nexthink Collector v6.0||OK||OK||OK||Not OK|
|Nexthink Collector v5.3||OK||OK||OK||OK|
- [Support-15614][CLT-2276] - Fixed missing UUID field.
- [Support-16011][Support-16104] - New signing for supporting Windows 10 (build 1607) with Secure Boot enabled.
- Change measurement "Logon duration" when desktop is displayed
- New measurement "Extended Logon Duration". For devices: when CPU load and disk load are nominal. For Windows servers: when CPU load of current user is nominal.
- [Support-14661] [CLT-2230] [CLT-2231] - BSOD Fix in HTTP Parser.
- [Support-14782] [CLT-2237] - Fix for Customer case in which CPU Usage was not displayed in Finder for Spanish windows; introduced language independent performance counters.
- [Support-11512] [CLT-2057] - Fix in Collector to not to query network shares while checking binary/package dependencies
- [CLT-1681] - Fix for Logon Duration and introduction of Extended Logon Duration (for Clients and Servers).
- [CLT-2250] - Fix for Duplicacy in user logon time when computer put to sleep.
- [CLT-2086][CLT-2235] - Few enhancements in NxtReporter to ease debug customer cases.
- [CLT-2152][CLT-2148] - Fix for race condition in nxtsvc during collector upgrade scenarios which caused ‘reboot required’.
- [CLT-2219] - Fix in nxtcfg tool to display tag correctly.
- [CLT-2204] - Fix in Collector Installer generator w.r.t ‘Disable Windows Enumeration’ checkbox.
- [CLT-2100] - Fix in collector to restore the previous state of collector if upgrade to it fails for some reason.
- [CLT-2103] - Fix for a error message while generating collector installer via installer generator.
- [CLT-2140] - Security related fix w.r.t secured pipes.
- [CLT-2135] [CLT-2070] - Fix for registry path of Windows Firewall policies in Collector and NxtReporter.
- Increase the size of the Collector Tag to accept values from 0 to ~2 billion. (Maximum value: 2^31 - 1 = 2'147'483'647).
- [Support 13014] [CLT-2130] - 6.1 Installation of Collector fixed for Windows 2008 R2 Server Core
- [CLT-2114] - Fixed status returned when connection hash map fails to allocate.
- [CLT-2148] - Fixed rebootless upgrade.
- [CLT-2108] - Improved Service crash detection (removed pooling for service status).
- Support for Microsoft DirectAccess. The Collector records IPv6 traffic when installed in a DirectAccess environment.
- [CLT-2001] - Web monitoring of complex URLs not working after rebooting computer.
[CLT-1908] - Memory management issue related to print monitoring on driver unload .
[CLT-1963] - Collector not releasing UDP connections when stopped / restarted.